Revenues 23 Billion
- Establishment of CUMI Europe
- Commencement of Toll manufacturing model operations in China.
- Amalgamation of Cellaris Refractories with CUMI
- Doubled the capacity of the Metallized Cylinder plant in Hosur, with the machinery and technology acquired from NTK, Japan.
- A state-of-the-art Surface Technology Centre was opened at the Bonded Abrasives Plant at Tiruvottiyur
- Inaugurated a Centre of Excellence for Research in Technical Ceramics for industrial & advanced applications at Hosur, Tamil Nadu.
- Commissioned three fusion plants at its Electro-mineral Complex at Kochi, Kerala.
2004 – 2013
Revenues 20 Billion
- Modern Silicon Carbide micro grit plant in Koratty, India
- Modern polymer manufacturing facility near Chennai, India
- Establishment of CUMI Middle East
- Establishment of state-of-the-art Coated Abrasives plant at Sriperumbudur, Chennai, India
- Acquisition of Monolothic Refractory facility in Jabalpur, India.
- Acquisition of Volzhsky Abrasive Works, Russia.
- Acquisition of 51% holding in Foskor Zirconia (Pty) Ltd, South Africa.
- Establishment of world class facility for wear resistant liner tiles at Hosur, India.
- Manufacturing facility for Thin Wheels at Uttarkhand, India.
- Manufacturing facility for Power Tools at Jigani, Bengaluru, India.
- Commissioning of a modern 1,000 tonne Vitrified Bonded Abrasives plant and
2,000 tonne Organic Bonded Abrasives facility in China.
- Establishment of state-of-the-art Metallised Cylinders plant at Hosur, India.
- Establishment of state-of-the-art Super Refractories plant II at Serkaddu, India.
- Setting up of a modern facility for manufacture of anti-corrosive products at Serkaddu, India.
- Establishment of automated Silicon Carbide Micro Grit plant in Cochin SEZ, India.
- Acquisition of Thukela Refractories Isithebe Pty Ltd, South Africa, a fused mineral manufacturing facility in South Africa.
- Setting up of the Ceramic Foam Refractories plant at Kochi, in collaboration with Cellaris Ltd, Israel.
1994 – 2003
Revenues Rs.3150 Million
- 12 MW Hydel project at Maniyar, Kerala, India.
- Second unit at Edapally, India for manufacture of Brown Aluminium Oxide grains.
- Acquired a controlling interest in Sterling Abrasives Limited, Ahmedabad, India.
- Acquired a controlling interest in Cutfast Abrasive Tools Limited and Cutfast Polymers Limited and subsequent mergers.
- Established CUMI America Inc., USA & CUMI Australia Pty. Ltd.
- Established a 5.5 MW natural gas based thermal power plant in Nallur, Tamil Nadu, India, through SEDCO.
- Acquired Prodorite Anti-Corrosives Ltd., a leading player in anti-corrosion engineering.
- Cloth processing facility at Maraimalainagar, Tamil Nadu.
1984 – 1993
Revenues Rs.1308 million
- Expansion of Bonded Abrasives plant at Hosur, India with a modern facility for vitrified grinding wheels.
- Silicon Carbide plant at Koratty, India & Refractories plant at Ranipet, India.
- Industrial Ceramics plant at Hosur, India.
- Acquisition of 40% interest in Wendt (India) Ltd., a company manufacturing Super Abrasives.
1974 – 1983
Revenues Rs.337 million
- Acquisition of Eastern Abrasives Ltd, a Coated Abrasives manufacturer in Kolkata, India.
- Second Bonded Abrasives plant at Hosur, near Bengaluru, India.
- Established MMTCL as a joint venture with Morgan Group plc. for ceramic fibres.
1964 – 1973
Revenues Rs.78 million
- Manufacture of Super Refractories at Chennai, India.
- Brown Aluminium Oxide grains plant at Edappally, India.
- Calcination facility at Okha, Gujarat, India.
1954 – 1963
Revenues Rs.19 million
- Incorporated as a joint venture between Carborundum Company, USA.
- Universal Grinding Wheel Company, UK and the Murugappa Group, India.
- Acquired a Coated Abrasives facility from Ajax Products Pvt. Ltd.
- Bonded Abrasives facility set up at Chennai, India.
- Bauxite mining at Bhatia, Gujarat, India.