Abrasive blasting is a mechanical operation of cleaning or preparing a surface by forcibly propelling a stream of abrasive material on the surface using a compressed gas (typically air) or pressurized liquid (typically water) as a propellant. Abrasive grains used for the blasting operation ranges from coarse grits to micron sized particle depending upon the operation and desired results. CUMI specialize in manufacturing of a complete line of closed sized abrasive grains in various shapes, sizes and densities, etc. to perfectly fit any blasting operation and working condition.
CUMISHARP range of abrasive grains due to its high hardness, toughness and strength combined with sharp edged grains, self-sharpening characteristics and high resistant to mechanical wear and tear increases the mechanical efficiency to surface cleaning and surface preparation, provides desired surface profile and roughness. Better recyclability of the grains reduces the dust generation during dry blasting to minimal along with incredible cost reduction. These characteristics of the CUMISHARP grains along with its excellent chemical inertness makes it an ideal blasting media for all blasting operations.
- Surface Preparation before PVD, thermal spraying and electroplating
- Valves casing cleaning
- Foundry industry for cleaning of casting
- Textile industry for machine part finishing before plasma coating
- Cleansing of instrumental coating
- Cleaning of automotive part before painting
- Etching surface before metal spraying
- Production of opaque glasses
- Pressure blasting of granites and marble for engraving purpose.
- Turbine blade blasting
- Nonstick cookware blasting prior to Teflon coating
- For Heat treatment casting.