India Manufacturing Excellence Awards (IMEA) 2004
About the award
Frost & Sullivan India Manufacturing Excellence Awards (IMEA) recognises and applauds efforts of companies towards achieving excellent- to-world class manufacturing status. It also recognizes excellence in manufacturing practices that lead to high levels of customer satisfaction.
There are three basic categories of award :
- Large Enterprises
- Emerging Businesses
- Automotive (Sector specific)
Awards assessment process
Members of the award committee reviewed the applications with completed Self-Assessment Dockets (submitted by the respective companies ). The committee members evaluated each application for milestone achievements, besides qualification of their composite score for further consideration. Applicants meeting the committee’s expectations were short listed for a site visit.
Out of the 120 companies applied for the award, 37 companies were selected for site visit.
CUMI’s Site visits were conducted between 7th October to 9th October’04.
The criteria for Site visit assessment included :
- Layout & Material Handling systems (100 points)
- Focus on customers (100 points)
- Orderliness, Safety and Environment ( 100 points)
- Internal competence ( 100 points)
- Visual management ( 100 ponts)
- Quality systems ( 100 points)
- Scheduling systems ( 100 points)
- Supply chain ( 100 points)
- Inventory levels ( 100 points)
- Equipment uptime ( 100 points)
- Operational flexibility ( 100 points)
Based on the findings of the assessment and recommendation of the panel, CARBORUNDUM UNIVERSAL LTD’s site at Thiruvottiyur was chosen for a Special Award “ for Growing Through Managing Change “.
Out of the 37 companies audited, 17 companies were chosen for the Award.
The Award was given in a glittering Function on 8th December 2004 at Hotel Taj Lands End, Mumbai.