Investor Services

Members may also please be informed that pursuant to SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) (Fourth Amendment) Regulations, 2018 effective 5th December, 2018, requests for effecting transfer of securities in physical form cannot be processed by the Company unless the securities are held in the dematerialized form with a depository. Hence, investors are requested to consider dematerializing their physical holdings into demat form.

Part - 1 Unclaimed Dividend

The Company has appointed M/s Karvy Computershare Private Limited, (Karvy) as its Registrar & Share Transfer Agent w.e.f March 21, 2003.

Pursuant to Section 124 & 125 of the Companies Act, 2013 and Section 205A & 205C of the Companies Act, 1956 (effective till the date of notification of the relevant provisions of the 2013 Act), the amount of dividend remaining unclaimed or unpaid for a period of seven years shall be transferred to the Investor Education and Protection Fund.

Dividend Payable
Rate of Dividend
Date of Declaration
Date for Transfer to Central Govt


Final Dividend





Final Dividend





Final Dividend





Final Dividend





Final Dividend





Special Interim Dividend





Final Dividend





Final Dividend





Final Dividend





Final Dividend





Final Dividend




*Includes Ordinary dividend of 100% and Special dividend of 25% to commemorate the Golden Jubilee of the Company

For Investor-wise details of unpaid and unclaimed dividend, click here.

Shares due for transfer to IEPF Suspense Account

Any person, whose unclaimed/unpaid amount or shares have been transferred by the Company to IEPF may claim their refunds to the IEPF authority. For claiming such amounts, claimant needs to file form IEPF-5 along with requisite documents. For details, click here.

Nodal Officer for IEPF
Ms. Rekha Surendhiran, Company Secretary
Carborundum Universal Limited,
Parry House, No. 43, Moore Street,
Chennai – 600 001
Contact: 044 – 3000 6141
E-mail: and

Part - 2 Dematerialisation (Demat) / Rematerialisation (Remat) Of Shares


Dematerialisation is the process by which physical share certificates of an investor are converted to electronic form through investor's Depository Participant (DP) and credited to the investor's account with his DP.

Carborundum Universal Limited (CUMI) has entered into a tri-partite agreement with National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) and Central Depository Services Limited (CDSL) with Karvy as the R&T agent to facilitate investors to hold and trade in CUMI’S shares in electronic form. The address of M/s Karvy Computershare Private Limited is as follows:

Karvy Computershare Private Limited
Unit: Carborundum Universal Limited
Karvy Selenium Tower B, plot 31-32, Gachibowli,
Financial district, Nanakramguda,
Hyderabad - 500 032.
Tel : +91-040-67162222
Tel : 1800-345-4001
Fax : +91-040-2300153
Email :
Website :
Contact Person : Mrs. Varalakshmi P

How to get the shares dematted

(A) Opening a demat account

A demat account needs to be opened with any one Depository Participant (DP) of investor's choice. For list of Depository Participants, please visit 

An account can be opened with a DP by:

  • Filling up the account opening form available with DP (one can open multiple accounts with the same DP as also with different DPs).
  • Signing Participant - Client Agreement.
  • While opening demat account, the holder will be required to give details of his Bank Account No., Name of the Bank and Branch, as part of the information requirement. Karvy will print the same details in the Dividend Warrants or any remittances payable based on the details furnished by the Investor to DP.
  • Investor will receive his account number which should be quoted in all his correspondences with his DP and also to the Karvy.
  • Please note that the order of names appearing in the demat account and the share certificates should be same.

(B) Dematerialising (Dematting) physical certificates

  • In order to get the shares dematerialised, the investor needs to fill a Dematerialisation Request Form (DRF) which is available with the DP. The share certificates are to be submitted alongwith the duly filled up form to the DP.
  • On receipt of the DRF, the DP will transmit the DRF to Karvy and electronically generate the Dematerialisation Request.
  • DRF along with share certificates with a seal "Surrendered for dematerialisation" affixed on the share certificates will be sent by the DP to Karvy
  • Karvy will verify the certificates and DRF, and if found in order, confirm the dematerialisation to NSDL/CDSL. NSDL/CDSL will in turn confirm the dematerialisation to the DP.
  • On receiving the confirmation, DP will credit investor's account with the number of shares so dematerialised and thereafter the investor will be holding the shares in the electronic form.
  • Normally the investor’s account will be credited within 15 days from the date of receipt of both Electronic Request and physical certificates along with DRF.
  • DP will give periodic statements of holdings and will update client's account after each transaction.

Benefits of Dematerialisation

The following are the advantages which the investor avails by getting his shares dematted.

  • No stamp duty for transfer of securities in the Depository System. In the case of physical shares, stamp duty of 0.5% of sale value is payable on transfer of shares.
  • Elimination of bad deliveries and all risks associated with physical certificates such as loss in transit, theft, mutilation, damage, etc.
  • Facility for freezing/locking of investor accounts to make it non-operational for specified period.
  • Instead of filling up transfer deed(s) a simpler form is to be given to the DP.
  • Facility to pledge and hypothecate securities. Pledging dematerialised securities is easier and advantageous as compared to pledging physical shares. In respect of shares in "compulsory demat" category, banks prefer to lend against shares held in electronic form, and offer better terms.
  • Odd lots are not differentiated in the electronic system. Even a single share can be traded at the market rates without any reduction in realisation.
  • Just like a bank branch, the DP will give a periodical statement of account of holdings. In addition, investor can obtain a statement of holdings as and when required for a fee.
  • In case investor loses the statement of holdings, he can inform his DP and obtain a duplicate statement. Investor's statement of holdings cannot be used by anybody else for trading in his account.
  • When an investor opens an account with a DP, he signs an agreement with the DP in which the DP will indemnify the investor for any misuse of his holdings. The depository will also ensure that the interests of the investor are protected. Grievances, if any, against his DP will be resolved by the Depository.
  • Every transaction in investor's account will have to be authorised by him which ensures total control of the investor over his investment.

Rematerialisation of Shares

It is possible to re-convert securities held in electronic form after demat, back to physical holding. 'Rematerialisation' is the term used for converting electronic holdings back into physical certificates.

How to get the shares rematted

  • Any investor wishing to convert securities held in electronic form to physical form, has to submit a Rematerialisation Request Form (RRF) to his DP for rematerialisation of the same.
  • DP will electronically transmit RRF to Karvy and generate Rematerialisation Request No (RRN).
  • RRF submitted by the investor will be sent by the DP to Karvy.
  • Karvy will verify the RRF and confirm the rematerialisation to NSDL/CDSL. NSDL/CDSL will remove the securities rematerialised from the investor account.
  • Karvy will print the certificates and forward the same to the company for the signature of the authorised officials in the certificates for onward transmission to the investor.

How to Trade in electronic / demat shares

Buying and selling of electronic shares is just like buying and selling physical shares - the only difference is that trading in electronic shares is simpler, faster and safer:

  • If an investor wishes to sell his electronic shares, he has to place his order with his broker and instruct his DP by way of a Delivery Instruction (which is similar to a cheque) to debit his account with the number of shares sold by him.
  • When he buys electronic shares, he must inform his broker about his depository account number so that the electronic shares bought by him can be credited into his account, also, he has to instruct his DP by way of Receipt Instruction to receive credit in his account. Instead of giving a receipt instruction for each purchase, a standing instruction can be given to the DP.
  • Payment for electronic shares either bought or sold is made in the same way as in case of physical securities.

Part - 2 Investor Services

Bank Mandate

For Shares held in Physical form, any change in bank account details should be intimated to Karvy and not to the Company.

For shares held in electronic/demat form, Bank Mandate should be intimated to the DP and not to the Company/Karvy.

Change of Address

For Shares held in physical form, Karvy should be informed immediately if there is any change in address, quoting Folio No. duly signed by the main (1st) holder as per specimen signature recorded with the registrar. Change of address will be effected and would be informed to the investor within 7 days.

For shares held in electronic/demat form, any change in address should be intimated to the DP and not to the Company/Karvy.

Change in Name / Status

  1. All requests for change of name should be accompanied by a copy of notification in Official Gazette or a Newspaper.
  2. Request for change of name consequent upon marriage/divorce should be accompanied with marriage certificate/divorce decree.
  3. For effecting change of status from minor to major, please send proof of age (such as attested copy of Birth Certificate or School Leaving Certificate).
  4. In the case of limited companies, a certified copy of the Certificate of Incorporation consequent to Change of Name issued by the Registrar of Companies should be submitted along with Memorandum & Articles of Association


  • Nomination will enable smooth inheritance of ownership of the shares by the Nominee without any procedural difficulties. In the absence of nomination, transfer of title is a cumbersome process involving multiple documentation. Hence, it is recommended that nominations are registered without fail.
  • Nomination can be made only by individuals holding beneficiary accounts on their own behalf either singly or jointly. Other entities including society, trust, body corporate, partnership firm, karta of Hindu Undivided Family, holder of power of attorney cannot nominate. Only an individual can be a nominee.
  • A minor can be a nominee but the guardian will sign on behalf of the nominee and in addition to the name and photograph of the nominee, the name, address and the photograph of the guardian must be given in the case of the Minor.
  • NRI can nominate directly. But, the power of attorney holder cannot nominate on behalf of NRI. NRI can be a nominee subject to the exchange control regulations in force from time to time.
  • Nomination will enable smooth inheritance of ownership of the shares by the Nominee without any procedural difficulties. (Presently, there is no difficulty where shares are registered in joint names. But if the shares are held in individual name, addition of a joint name can only be done as a transfer, involving share transfer form, stamp duty, surrender of original certificates etc. All this inconvenience is eliminated by following the nomination procedure).
  • Investors wishing to avail this facility may fill up the Nomination Form (SH-13).

Shares held in the individual name

If the shares are held in the sole name without any joint holder/s - Upon the death of the sole holders, the securities would be transmitted to the nominee.

Shares held jointly

Nomination is permitted for accounts with joint holders. But, in case of death of any of the joint holder, the securities will be transmitted to the surviving holder(s). Only in the event of death of all the joint holders, the securities will be transmitted to the nominee.

Any investor holding shares in physical form should submit the nomination form duly filled and signed to Karvy along with the Identity and Address proofs of the Nominee.

Any investor holding shares in demat/electronic form should contact his DP directly for nomination (the company/Karvy does not register nomination for shares held in electronic/demat form). Normally nomination can be done at the time of opening the demat account itself.

Transfer of shares

Shares held in physical form

As regards holding of shares in physical form, the following to be kept in mind for transfer of shares:

  • Please ensure that all columns of the transfer deed are filled properly and transfer deed signed at the appropriate places. Share transfer stamps @0.25% of the sale value / market value of the shares as on the date of execution of the transfer deed has to be affixed on the back of the transfer deed and the stamps affixed be cancelled by crossing lines or by writing name.
  • Where the transferee has signed through a Constituted Attorney, please attach the necessary Power of Attorney duly registered and obtain a registration number from the Company. If Power of Attorney has already been registered with the Company / Karvy in respect of shares already being held, the registration number of the Power of Attorney may be mentioned in the transfer deed.
  • Please always furnish full address including Pin Code Number. Incomplete address may cause delay or non-delivery of share certificate(s), notices, annual reports, dividend warrant(s) and other communications.
  • Please always mention contact telephone/fax no /E-Mail address while corresponding with Karvy for better and faster communication.
  • It is advisable to always hold shares in joint names. This will be extremely useful in the event of death of any holder.
  • Please keep photocopies of share certificates, transfer deeds and other documents before lodging shares for transfer and also proof of mailing the documents to the company, acknowledgement card, slip, receipt etc. Please preserve contract note issued by brokers for share purchase/ sale. These will be useful for sorting out any issue, problem or query on a later date.
  • If one is already a shareholder of the Company in the same name(s), please mention the existing folio number while lodging shares for transfer. This will help to consolidate holdings in one folio.
  • Please always keep a copy/record of specimen signature lodged with the company at the time of applying for new shares or lodging transfer documents for transfer of shares as transferee. This will help in signing in the same manner as per the specimen signature lodged with the company to avoid any difficulties/complications that may arise due to signature difference. Please sign all correspondence as per specimen lodged with the Company mentioning the correct Folio No.
  • Any change in shareholder’s specimen signature should be informed to the company immediately with revised signature duly attested by the shareholder’s banker.
  • Any alterations or corrections in the Transfer Deed should be avoided. If it is unavoidable, then the alteration should be authenticated both by the transferor and transferee by signing fully alongside the alteration.
  • To transfer the shares in favour of a minor, please ensure that transfer deed is signed by the parent (Natural Guardian) on behalf of the minor.
  • A Non-Resident should forward RBI Approval while lodging shares for transfer along with particulars of bank account in India, the name and address of the bank for remitting dividend.
  • According to the statutory provisions, when shares are lodged with Karvy with properly executed transfer deed, Karvy is obliged to effect the transfer, unless there is an injunction order of a court prohibiting Karvy from transferring the shares.
  • Please maintain the record of the share certificates and physically verify the share certificates periodically.
  • Conversion of single holding into joint holding, transfer within the family members, etc. lead to a change in the pattern of ownership, and therefore, can be done only through execution of duly stamped Transfer Deed.

Shares held in demat form

If an investor wishes to transfer his electronic shares, he has to instruct his DP by way of a Delivery Instruction (which is similar to a cheque) to debit his account with the number of shares sold by him and credit these shares to the demat account of the person to whom the shares are proposed to be transferred.

Likewise when he buys electronic shares, he must inform his broker about his depository account number so that the electronic shares bought by him can be credited into his account, also, he has to instruct his DP by way of Receipt Instruction to receive credit in his account. Instead of giving a receipt instruction for each purchase, a standing instruction can be given to the DP.

Transmission of Shares (on death of a shareholder)

I. If Nomination has been registered with the Company

Please forward copy of the following documents:

  1. Duly signed transmission request form by the nominee.
  2. Original or Copy of death certificate duly attested by a Notary Public or by a Gazetted Officer
  3. Self-attested copy of PAN card of the nominee. (Copy of PAN card may be substituted with ID proof in case of residents of Sikkim after collecting address proof)

II. Where no nomination has been registered

  1. Affidavit from all the legal heirs made on appropriate non judicial stamp paper – to the effect of identification and claim of legal ownership to the securities. In case the legal heir(s)/claimant(s) is named in the succession certificate or probate of will or will or letter of administration, an affidavit from such legal heir/claimant(s) alone would be sufficient.
  2. If the value of securities is upto Rs. 2,00,000 (Rupees Two lakh only) as on date of application, please forward the following documents:
    • i. Succession certificate or probate of will or will or letter of administration or court decree, as may be applicable in terms of Indian Succession Act, 1925.
    • ii. In the absence of the documents as mentioned at (i) above,
    • a. A No objection certificate [NOC] from all legal heir(s) executed by all the legal heirs of the deceased holder not objecting to such transmission (or) copy of Family Settlement Deed duly notarized and
    • b. An Indemnity bond made on appropriate non judicial stamp paper – indemnifying the Company and Karvy.
  3. For value of securities more than Rs.2,00,000 (Rupees Two lakh only) as on the date of application, please forward the Succession certificate or probate of will or will or letter of administration or court decree, as may be applicable in terms of Indian Succession Act, 1925.

Transposition of Names of Shareholders

If it is proposed to change the order of names appearing in the share certificate (i.e. transposition) this does not require any transfer deed or share transfer stamps. Transposition would only be done of the entire holding in any one folio. Part transposition is allowed only through execution of transfer deed.

Such request has to be submitted duly signed by all the joint holders and submitted along with all the original share certificates.Transposition is possible only in respect of shares held in physical form.

Loss of Share Certificates

  • Any communication to Karvy regarding loss of share certificates should always be signed by the shareholder as per specimen signature registered with the Company, accompanied by FIR lodged with local police station giving full details of lost certificate(s) such as Certificate Nos., Distinctive Nos. etc., Indemnity Bond and affidavit. The communication shall also include a copy of an advertisement published by the shareholder in a newspaper daily regarding the loss of share certificates.
  • Upon receipt of the necessary documents from the investor, Karvy will intimate the stock exchanges about the loss of the certificates.
  • Thereafter the request for issue of duplicate certificate will be placed for the approval of the Stakeholders Relationship Committee of the Company.
  • After approval is received, Karvy would print the duplicate share certificates for onward transmission to the investor.

Electronic Clearing Service (ECS)

Reserve Bank of India has introduced Electronic Clearing Service (ECS) for facilitating crediting of dividend directly to the shareholder's bank account. This facility eliminates loss of dividend warrants sent by post due to pilferage in transit, delay in receipt of dividend warrants and ensures quick credit of the dividend.

Under this arrangement, the payment instructions would be issued electronically through our Banker to the Clearing Authority (Reserve Bank of India) and the Clearing Authority would supply credit reports to the Bank with which shareholder maintains his / her Account and his/her bank will give instant credit to shareholders account.

In order to avail ECS facility, investors are required to submit the request in the prescribed form. This form should be accompanied by a photocopy of a cheque for verifying the accuracy of the MICR code number. The duly filled up form should be submitted:

  • In case of shares held in physical form, to Karvy. Separate sheets should be used for each folio. The information will be kept confidential and will be utilised only for the purpose of effecting payments meant for holders.
  • In case of shares held in demat form, to the DP, ECS mandate can be submitted at the time of opening the demat account itself.

The Company offers two electronic platforms for credit of dividend i.e. (a) Electronic Clearing Service (ECS) and (b) National Electronic Clearing System (NECS). The advantages of NECS over ECS include faster credit of remittances to beneficiary’s account and coverage of more bank branches. NECS operates on the unique bank account number (having not less than 10 digits) allotted by banks post implementation of the Core Banking Solutions. The NECS compliant account number is required to be intimated to your Depository Participant (in case your shares are in demat mode) or to the Company’s RTA, (in case your shares are in physical mode) for us to effect the dividend payment through the NECS mode. Members are encouraged to use the electronic platform for receiving dividends.

Incorporating Bank Account particulars in dividend warrants

Investors may provide details of their Bank Account i.e. name of the Bank, Branch & A/c No. to enable printing these on the dividend warrants. This will help to reduce possibility of any fraudulent interception and encashment of dividend warrant. The Warrants will be posted to the registered address of the investor, wherever dividend mandate is not registered with the Company.

In case of physical shares, the bank account particulars must be furnished to Karvy.

In case of demat shareholding, the bank account details must be furnished to the Depository Participant (DP). Normally these details are furnished at the time of opening the demat account.

Murugappa Group Abrasives & Ceramics Manufacturers